Brian and I spent two whole, wonderful weeks in Hawaii for our honeymoon. Our first week was spent on Maui, the second on Kauai.
Free Mai Tais at a luau!! Yummy!
Here is a gorgeous view of the Black Sands Beach. We stopped here on our Road to Hana adventure. The Road to Hana is 52 treacherous miles, consisting of 617 hairpin turns. It took us 3 hours and 40 minutes to get there. The rental cars advise you to turn around and go back the way you came once you get there, because the road becomes unstable if you continue on.
Here is Brian standing on the edge of a cliff that was made from lava.
Here I am at the same spot.
This is one of the many beautiful waterfalls along the Road to Hana. Simply breathtaking.
Cow!!!! So naturally, once we got to Hana, we decided to hell with the rental car company we weren't going to endure all those turns for another 3 hours and 40 minutes. I don't think this is what they meant by hazardous roads. Ha! Very amusing though.
I love this picture! I took it when we took a day trip over to the island of Lanai. We snorkeled and sat on the beach the whole day!
My beach bum husband
Our Maui Kayaking adventure. It was a lot of fun to jump off into the water and snorkel and then climb back in, in the middle of the ocean. No, we did not tip the kayak over. Yay!
I was in front, so my husband could paddle me around...haha.
The cool new camera I bought really did work under water!
On the left is our kayaking guide, Kaleo. He dove down and brought up many sea creatures. This is the octopus. We were amazed!
The Maui Princess Sunset Dinner Cruise. More free drinks for the newlyweds!!
Now we must be on Kauai. How can you tell? The chickens, duh. We've told you about them. They're all over the place!
Here I am standing between the ocean and the beautiful Marriott Resort we stayed at on Kauai. During all the flooding there this spring that spot was completely under water, even the fountains you see in the back!
Hubby loves a hammock!
The coolest way to see the entire island. Blue Hawaiian Helicopters, it was amazing!
Don't we look cool!
We flew right over our hotel.
And right over the waterfall Brian went to on the dirt bike tour last year.
Brian became obsessed with sushi. I'm not kidding. We just had to have it nearly everyday!
We just had to rent a Harley while we were there. We drove it around the entire island.
We rode to the Waimea Canyon. The islands version of the Grand Canyon.
And we rode to our favorite spot to watch the sunset. A perfect way to end our last day.
Friday, November 03, 2006
Our Fantastic Honeymoon!!
Posted by Brian & Sarah at 6:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
WOW! What a wonderful honeymoon!
Marvin Scurlock in Virginia
Post a Comment